Monday, May 7, 2012

You can come to see me even if you don't have a breast lump!

Recently, I was told "I wanted to come see you, but I didn't think I could get in to see you without a breast lump".


As part of "reader question week" I am responding to concerned comments.


I do many things for patients besides reacting to the breast lump or abnormal mammogram.  Indeed, that is a great part of what I have to offer, but we can have an impact even before the lump!  I now spend the majority of my time discussing how to reduce your personal risk for breast cancer, which tests to do (and when) to learn all about personal risk for breast cancer and then what to do about it.  We continue to do many whole breast ultrasounds for those with dense breast tissue even without a known lump.


Early detection is key, but prevention is even better!


There are also many breast concerns, like infection, or other breast-related concerns like hormone replacement that we help with every day.


Please, don't hesitate to call with any concern or question.




Together we can prevent 75,000 breast cancer cases each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment