Monday, October 29, 2012

The IDEAL Breast Cancer Prevention Patient!

I am often asked, "what all can I do to reduce my risk for breast cancer?"

The answer for breast cancer prevention:

  • Be lean (or lose weight to achieve a healthy BMI)
  • Regularly exercise (AICR recs 5hrs each week)
  • Be active (being sedentary is the enemy)
  • Take high quality Omega3 fish oil (I get mine at www.oewmd.com)
  • Take aspirin if you can
  • Eat one cup of cruciferous vegetables each day
  • Limit red meat consumption (<4x per week)
  • Limit alcohol consumption (<1.5 drinks per day)
  • Eat plenty of polyphenols (red apple & grape, strawberry, walnut)
  • Take Evista or Tamoxifen if prescribed for you
  • Keep reading the blog: as I find out more, I will post

Together we can prevent 86,000 breast cancer cases each year!


This is general content and not personal medical advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment