Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ruminating on recent ASBD meeting sessions

It is a good feeling to find that the experts agree with you!!!(my tongue is in my cheek).  In the prevention sessions of the recent American Society of Breast Disease meeting, I found my self saying, "I tell patients that" or "I recommend that".  What I have been blogging and saying about how to prevent breast cancer was confirmed again at the meeting.


Key general points to prevent breast cancer:

  • Be lean
  • Be active
  • Regularly exercise
  • Don't smoke
  • Limit alcohol
  • Limit red meat
  • Eat more fruits and veggies (particularly cruciforms)
  • Take Omega3
  • Take aspirin

Together we can prevent 75,000 breast cancer cases each year!



Remember all these points are general information and not personal medical advice.  Consult with your physician.



No comments:

Post a Comment